Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Car shopping

Or rather SUV shopping. So, a few weeks ago, our SUV was stolen right out of our driveway right before I left for work. It was quite a shock to step outside and have your mind racing 90 miles per hour as you stand there stock still running over every single possibility as to why there is a gaping empty space where your car used to be not even two minutes before....at 5:45am. And then within about 30 seconds coming to the conclusion there is no logical solution as to why your car is gone. It was just taken.

The aftermath has been a rental car for two weeks to stuff our family of 4 (with two bulky carseats...thank goodness there are just two kids so far!) into whenever we head out as a family. Not comfortable...but doable. We do what we can, right? I am just beyond grateful insurance pays most of the cost of the rental car!

Mark and I have been car shopping online and I have to say, I enjoy it infinitely better than actually being at the dealership.I have bought 3 cars in the past and all three times it has been a beating. I emerge exhausted like I had been boxing. My brain is fuzzy like I had been studying all day and night for a test and I am emotionally deplete. There is so much back and forth, haggling, nail biting, impatience and dread that yes, you are going to have to pay a certain amount in car payments...FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! (Ok, I exaggerate...a little.) But at the end of a very long day, I am finally the owner of a new car. Usually not the one I came in for. But whatever.

I have determined that this time, the above scenario will not happen. Neither of us want to be at this all day for several days. So, we are trying to narrow everything down to maybe two dealerships. Tops. And choose a few SUV's we would like to test drive that is within our budget. And hopefully everything should fall into place.

Have I mentioned how much I do not like car buying? Well, in case you missed it, I don't relish the activity and am dreading doing it this time. But hopefully this time will be much better. I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Family

Certain recent events (both personal and in the news) have reinforced in me to be thankful for what I have. I definitely have been, but i...