Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Autumn Fun

I am so glad that the weather is starting to get a little cooler (if you can call 70 degrees f "cool", but compared to the 100+ degree weather this is a nice change!) and about time too, its the middle of October! I love the fall. It is my favorite season. The beautifully warm colors, cool weather, falling leaves...college football... :)

Because Mark and I love the months of October and November so much, we have planned things to do with the boys practically every Saturday that has to do with fall. Last Sunday (we skipped going Saturday because the weather was so warm and humid), we went to a pumpkin patch near where we live. It was perfect weather. Not hot, but not too cold either. They had a play set for the kids, some animals such as pigs, roosters, llamas, goats and rabbits; a corn maze, and a hayride. It is your small, quaint farm that gives off a distinctly "country autumn" atmosphere.


Despite the expression on his face, Elias loved the pumpkin patch. He would not crack a smile though.


At first Christian wanted to behave like Elias and keep looking away and not smiling, but it didn't last long. He is such a ham :)





Love my boys.


At one point Christian ran around the farm pretending to be an airplane.


Elias and I watching Christian play.

This weekend it is Pumpkins in the Park at Turtle Creek in Dallas. I am sure Christian will want to pick out a few more pumpkins. Our house is slowly being filled with pumpkins of all sizes. Happy fall!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I love the pictures. And Turtle Creek has something? That's awesome! I love that area. Maybe Vhee and I will scope it out sometime. Autumn is the best season ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You guys should come. It is from 11-2 this Saturday and free. it looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

My Family

Certain recent events (both personal and in the news) have reinforced in me to be thankful for what I have. I definitely have been, but i...