Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dedication

I know this is a couple weeks late, but on September 29, Elias was dedicated at our church.This is a very momentous occasion both for the parents and the baby. It is a pledge by the parents and the congregation to raise their baby in the Lord. To dedicate them to God.

Dedication is based on the Biblical principal giving the parents the great and solemn priviledge of modeling how to love and and follow Christ. When they are older and can understand, they will need to make the decision for themselves to follow God.

What I love so much about dedication is that it also gives the congregation of the church a share in the responsibility to help us model Christ and teach our children how to love God. Like a clowd of witnesses. It is such a beautiful promise, and a wonderful undertaking; one that Mark and I, as the parents take very seriously.


This is the picture that was displayed before the dedication.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Family

Certain recent events (both personal and in the news) have reinforced in me to be thankful for what I have. I definitely have been, but i...