Saturday, October 12, 2013

State Fair

Yesterday Mark, Christian, and I went to the State Fair of Texas. It was both Mark and Christian's first time to go. Well, technically Mark had been to the fair back in October 2008 when we attended the Texas/OU game with friends, but all we really did was a walkthrough after the game. Yesterday, we walked the entire fair and tried to do everything there was to do. We got back home exhausted, legs aching, but having had an awesome time. We now plan to go twice next year!


Iconic symbol of the State Fair (besides Big Tex)



Start of the day.


Having fun on a ride. Christian loved to scream his approval on all 3 of the rides he was on :)


Captivated by the dog show.






Although we tried a lot of the fried food the Fair boasts of, the hit of the day remained the cheapest food item. Popcorn :) Such a fun day.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I really miss the fair. Vhee and I went once together and that was in our first year of marriage, on the very last day it was open. We were there for the very last half of the day, but had SO much fun! We took the train and everything. Glad you had such a great time this year with Christian :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all should definitely go back next year! I forgot how much fun it was :)

    ReplyDelete

My Family

Certain recent events (both personal and in the news) have reinforced in me to be thankful for what I have. I definitely have been, but i...