Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Weekend Fun

This past weekend was pretty busy for us. Because of the ice storm last weekend, we lost an entire Christmas shopping/activity weekend, so we tried to pack it all (and then some) this past Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday began bright and early with Breakfast with Santa, an annual event put on by the Colleyville Lions Club. Mark, Christian, and I attended last year as well, when I was pregnant with Elias at the invitation of my co-worker and friend, Renee, whose family goes every year. We had such a good time that we decided to make it a tradition! Kids choirs sing and perform, we eat pancakes and sausage and take pictures with Santa. Check out the link for more information about the awesome work of the Colleyville Lions Club.


We got a similar picture of Christian last year here with Santa. This year he smiled! :) Elias was so enamored with the girl elf that he would never look at the camera. It was so funny, he never took his eyes off her :)


Renee with Elias and christian. Christian has the biggest crush on Renee. Seriously, he talks about her and asks me about her nearly everyday. "Mommy, did you see Wenee (Renee) today?" So funny! He first met her last year at this event and when he and Mark and Elias visited me at work a few months later, she showed him around and paid such attention to him (over Elias who was a newborn at the time) that it made such an impression on him I think. I am very grateful for that!


Another work friend also came with her family. She had a baby girl about a month and a half after I had Elias. It has been nice to have someone with whom I work and see everyday to bounce ideas and opinions, and questions off of! My sister Triana (whose baby and my niece Victoria was born just 13 days before Elias) has been an awesome help too! As a mother I am my own worst critic and I tend to worry about every little thing. Triana keeps me grounded in reality where kids and motherhood are concerned...it also helps my sanity! Ha.


The two babies meet...and become fast friends. They kept putting their foreheads together. Way too cute and funny.

After breakfast, we went Christmas shopping...nearly all day. made for a looooong day, but we had fun, even the boys.


Always has a smile :)


My Mr. Mr.

Sunday afternoon, we went to a birthday party for one of Christian and Elias' little friends at daycare who turned two at Jump Zone in Colleyville. Christian was all over the place playing with his friends, but I managed to snap a couple of pictures of Elias who isn't as mobile. :)


Elias and one of his favorite babysitters, Olivia, and with another little friend of his, Colt. (Mark is in the background reading updates about the Dallas Cowboys game that was currently playing. He was nice enough to accompany me and the boys to this kids birthday party).

Now, off to wrap Christmas gifts. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to be of service. Glad I can help keep.someone sane, because I can't keep myself sane, haha! Looks like alot of fun. We should join you next year. Breakfast with Santa sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes y'all should, it is a lot of fun! Makes for an early Saturday, but it begins the day with a bit of Christmas fun :)

      Delete

My Family

Certain recent events (both personal and in the news) have reinforced in me to be thankful for what I have. I definitely have been, but i...